Where is my referral link?
You can obtain the referral link right now here or you can find the link in email communication from Energy Nordic, no need to register, just copy paste the link and your customer number and send start sharing immediately!
Our referral programme is for Energy Nordic clients only. Any referral members signing up without an active Energy Nordic account will not receive any rewards.
Where can I distribute my referral link?
You can use your link on social media platforms or messaging apps (like WhatsApp) to share with friends and family. You can also copy and paste it into a text messages, or send an email directly to a friend.
We love our customers using ingenuity to spread the word about Energy Nordic, but there are a few restrictions to how you can share your link.
- You can’t spam third party sites with it, such as adding it to your TrustPilot review – it’s against their regulations, and we get contacted with a request to remove it every time it happens.
- No paid ads. It’s great that you love us so much that you’re willing to pay to spread the word. But, if you pay for ads you’re really not sharing with friends and family and our advertising costs also increase.
- Your code is designed for you to share with people you know, so go mad on your own Facebook page (but not really in the comments of our Facebook page… you’re kind of preaching to the choir), pin it to the top of your Twitter page, etc. Please don’t spam our Twitter page, it’s an important place for people to come for help, and we ask that you only share links if someone has asked for a specific recommendation about signing up (and then it’s fastest finger first).
- We also feel a bit awkward about you setting up accounts or profiles that use our name or branding and which might indicate you’re an official Energy Nordic account, or affiliated with us – our customers need to know what is ‘us’ and don’t take information from the unofficial sources.
We don’t like to add this bit, but just so it’s fair
If we notice someone consistently doing any of these, some of our friendly Energy Nordic team may get in touch with you to remind you of the rules (we also cover them in our formal Terms and Conditions). If someone keeps doing it, we’ve a couple of options, such as charging accounts for any referral credit made through uncool means, or even taking someone’s referral link down. We don’t like to do this, but we do want to keep our online community safe and free from unsolicited spam or rudeness.
Why don't I get the reward money if I join through a third party?
In order to offer this reward, it has to be commercially viable for us. That’s why it’s only available when your referee uses the link and signs up directly through our referral system with your customer ID number.
We partner with a lot of great organisations – from switching sites, to independent companies and other organisations – but we have to pay these third parties for every customer who joins us through them. The extra cost associated with these new customers means that we’d actually lose money on each new customer if we offered the referral bonus as well.
We’ve seen the way loss-leading acquisition tactics play out in the energy market, and have even campaigned to prevent them. They create an unfair business model, with older customers having to subsidise the offers given to new customers. That’s why we only pay for referrals that come directly to us.
When do I get paid my referral credit?
Understandably, this is one of the most common questions we get asked. The answer is that credit is paid once the new user is on supply and their refundable deposit has been successfully taken. Our referral system automatically pays you after both these events have happened, and the whole process typically takes around four weeks (although this can be much quicker in most cases and can also be longer if the previous supplier delays the switch).
If you’re switching to Energy Nordic after being referred by a friend, you’ll get the credit when your switch is complete.
Can I add a referral after I’ve already signed up?
Unfortunately for us to offer this reward, it has to be commercially viable for us. That’s why it’s only available when the referee uses the link and signs up directly through our website with a corresponding active customer ID number. If your friend doesn’t sign up using your customer ID number on this link, we can’t tell they’re your friend. It’s important to let them know that even if they hear about Energy Nordic on another website or platform, they’ll still need to sign up using this link with your customer ID number to qualify for the referral credit.
Is there a limit to the number of people I can refer?
Nope! There’s no limit to the amount of people you can refer. So feel free to tell everyone you know – any friend of yours is a friend of ours.
In fact, we have one entrepreneurial customer who’s managed to obtain 750€ credit to their Energy Nordic account!
So, there’s nothing more to say except: go forth and disperse those referral links! And thanks again for helping us spread the Energy Nordic message. We like to think that it’s not just the account credit that has you referring friends and family to us, but that you’re a satisfied customer, happy to share your Energy Nordic experience with your friends, family and beyond.
Are there certain eligibly criteria?
Sometimes a member may not receive a referral credit. This could be for one of the following reasons:
- They haven’t used their friend’s correct customer ID number when filling out the referral link
- They’ve already been an Energy Nordic customer in the past 12 months
- Their property is already supplied by Energy Nordic
- They’ve already been referred to Energy Nordic while at their current property
Read our Terms and Conditions for more information about our referral programme.