If you have a roof available on your company, you can make the most of it and, at the same time, contribute to the ecological transition. How? Solar panels are the key.
You can lower your energy bills and increase the profitability of your company with the help of a photovoltaic system. Additionally, you can get paid for the extra energy you feed into the grid. But this is only the beginning, as joining the self-consumption has many benefits, many of which we outline for you in this post.
The fact that in recent years renewable energies have become protagonists could indicate a shift toward a fully sustainable future free of fossil fuels.
Why should you invest in solar panels?
Solar panels can still be useful for businesses even if they are most frequently seen on residential rooftops. A photovoltaic system reduces costs significantly in the short term; over time, the company will see the benefits of these reductions in its profitability.
In fact, the businesses themselves are the ones who have recognised the value of this investment, and many of them have already made a commitment to a sustainable business model. Consumers are now motivated by a company’s commitment to using green energy.
The main advantages of solar energy in companies
1. Considerable electricity cost savings: Whether you own a big factory or a little shop, the electricity bill is always there. It is not necessary to mention that during the past few years, the cost of power has been rising substantially. You can start saving the moment you install solar panels.
2. Funds and subsidies: If you are an entrepreneur, you can apply for grants from your Autonomous Community. This applies to home installations as well as commercial ones. In fact, establishing a 100% renewable electricity system in Spain is the goal for 2050, due to the European Green Pact.
3. Stop climate change: By giving up fossil fuels and reducing the release of dangerous gases, you will help to make the ecological transition possible. Solar energy is one of the solutions to the issue of businesses being among the polluters of our world. You may make your business cleaner, more effective, and more energy independent by installing a photovoltaic system.
4. Corporate social responsibility: You will establish your company as one of those that is dedicated to using renewable energy sources and caring for the environment, and your brand will benefit as customers become more conscious of the positive effects that being sustainable can have. Additionally, your dedication to photovoltaic energy will help set business apart from the competition.
5. Spain as a market with significant self-consumption potential: One of the top locations for photovoltaic energy investment is in our nation. We receive 2,500 hours of sunshine year, did you know that? Considering that, this number is among the highest on the continent, it would be a waste not to put in solar panels.
Additional benefits of solar energy:
- It is an infinite, clean, and renewable source of energy.
- Zero impact and zero emissions.
- There are no greenhouse gases produced.
- Water is not contaminated by it.
- Zero noise pollution.
- Resists bad weather conditions.
- Very minimal upkeep is necessary.
- It aids in sustainable development.